The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

Re: That is off topic here...
In Response To: That is off topic here... ()

Hello, i would like to add my 2 cents on this. i Bought recently from watchmaxx.com a Speedmaster Racing Schumacher limited edition (2002 championship version) for only 1800 brand new in box. This site sells watches for a couple of brands but they state that they are not authorized dealers for omega watches, and they offer 2 years warranty on their watches if you send them back to them for repairs. Well i tried my luck and ordered from them. The watch i received looks pretty genuine. With the box, all the red big manual, limited edition special paper inside, and even the real OMEGA price tag of the watch that has the retail price of 2595.00 on it, plus behind it has the serial number of the watch as well. On the watch i checked behind the case and it has the limited number version XXX/5555 plus it has small laser etched numbers with the serial number on the back of the case near the 7 clock position. In the box it was included also the leather card holder with 1 card in it - the pictograms card. Now the only thing i didnt receive in the box was the international warranty red card that has the serial number and the stamp of an autorized dealer. I asked them to send it to me unstamped and they told me they will send it to me next week. (because after the 2 years warranty period thru them pass) ill need this card to fix it at an omega dealer. Thats the only thing that was missing from the box everything else was included and they promised to send it to me next week. And for a price $800 less than the retail i would do it again!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE