The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

Re: Authenticity of Omega Constellation Mens Watch

: Okay....heres the deal with Jomashop....They
: are NOT and Authorized Dealer for Omega or
: Rolex or the majority of the watches that
: they sell. That is why you did not receive
: all of the paperwork for your
: watch....Jomashop is not allowed to provide
: you with the "Missing paperwork"
: because they are not an Authorized Dealer
: for Omega....they are authorized for Pulsar,
: Seiko and Bulova.

: You need to take the watch to an Authorized
: Dealer for Omega and have them open the case
: back or simply examine the watch for
: authenticity.

: I dont think the watch is a fake....The serial
: number looks correct to me and does not
: match the common serial numbers on most
: Omega replicas

: Jomashop gets their Omegas and Rolex watches
: from vendors who are Authorized....thats why
: they can say that they are selling
: "New" Omegas and Rolex....The
: watches are new....but they are not sent to
: Jomashop directly from the manufacturer.

: They will allow you to return the watch after a
: watchsmith has opened the back....just make
: sure it was opened by an AD and that he
: provides you with a letter stating that the
: watch is indeed a replica....make sure you
: talk with the customer service
: representative at jomashop before you go to
: the AD....make sure you understand their
: "Process" for returns and do
: everything within jomashop guidelines

: GOOD LUCK....I think everything will be
: fine....next time....buy your watch from an
: AD.

Hi "Thrillseeker",

Thank you very much for the commands and suggestions. After reading your posting, additional comments from other people and my own research, I am convinced that the watch is authentic, not a fake. However, I have a great concern about its quality since there is no paperwork (documents) with this watch. As I mentioned in the previous posting, my brother bought the exactly same type of watch from the Overstock.Com, an unauthorized Omega dealer, too. However, there were two cards, including the Omega Chronometer Certificate card, with his watch. I do understand that as an unauthorized Omega dealer, Jomashop will not get documents from Omega. But, the basic information, such as Chronometer Certificate card, should be with every chronometer Omega watch that passes the test. Otherwise, how can I know that I didn't get a defect product? Indeed, a few Jomashop customers have written on-line review about receiving defect watches.

I talked to Mike, the manager of Jomashop, this morning to respectfully request the missing documents. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the important Chronometer Certificate card. He was agitated by the request. Because of his refusing to provide the document (which he said that he doesn't have any way) and his illogical explanation, I became more concerned about whether the watch is defect or pre-owned. His explanation is that the watch must be new if there is no scratch on it. Since there is no scratch on the watch purchased by me, the watch is new one, not pre-owned. My reasoning is that the scratch is not a specific indicator for a new watch or pre-owned one. A well-protected pre-owned watch may not have any scratch. On the other hand, a new watch may be accidentally scratched during handling process. Moreover, even it is a new watch, it doesn't mean the watch passed the Chronometer test if there is no the Chronometer Certificate card for that watch. My brother's Chronometer Certificate card has his watch's serial number on it, specific for that watch. So, without that card, it could mean that a chronometer watch is a defect, doesn't pass the test. At the end of our conversation, I have to tell him that I would like to return the watch since he cannot provide any document with that watch.

It is very sad about what happened for both parties involved. I will spend extra money to send the watch back with insurance and also reimburse their shipping cost for sending the item to me at the first place. The Jomashop customer service told me that it would
take 7-10 business days for them to processing the return item and will take another 2 weeks for me to get the refund. Hope that I will not encounter too many hassles to get the refund. I learned a lesson from this experience that I should do more research about the watch and the company before I placed the order.

Thanks again for the help.

Ling

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE