The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

Re: Must Post Pictures!!

: Hi,

: Have taken some picture of the watch. I hope
: they are good enough, my first time trying
: to do something like this.

: Pictures at:
: http://homepage.mac.com/hank.friedman/PhotoAlbum1.html

: My thinking is that the watch I purchased is
: either a fake or knock-off or gray market.
: My reasons are as follows: 1. No serial # on
: back of case
: 2. No warranty card with watch
: 3. Only one manual
: 4. The Tag Heuer shield on the back of the case
: is
: pointed at the 7 o'clock position
: 5. Wrong model #. I was sold model #
: CAC1110..., the watch in my possession is
: model # CAC1111...

: I await your feedback. Thank you for your time.

: Hank

Hank,

I was out for a couple of days....sorry for the late reply....

Although there are a couple of things that concern me about your TAG, it is extremely difficult to tell if your watch is genuine or not.

First....I do not think it is a CAC1111....it appears to be a CAC1110

Second....The case looks too small....the reason I say this is because the bezel goes all the way to the edge of the case....very unlike any F1 TAG

Third....The bezel seems to have "Shallow" notches in between the numbers....the photos of TAG F1 that I have seen have deeper notches

Because of these reasons....I am inclined to say that you watch is either an old model F1 or a replica...I honestly believe that it is not a replica....the other features of the watch are too accurate and just like the gen....however I cannot say for sure....the only way you can know for sure is to take the watch to an Authorized TAG dealer and have one of their watch smiths open the case back and inspect the movement....

Sorry I could not nail this one down for you....it is an awesome looking Chrono....I am thinking about getting one now....

Thrillseeker

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE