The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

www.watchfinder.co.uk

I purchased a Rolex 16613 from them a few days ago and they clearly advertised the Watch with Box, papers and a service.

When the watch arrived it had no papers and the response given to me when contacted was " How do you expect an old watch to have papers?"

As soon as I got the watch on my wrist I noticed that the seconds hand was moving but there was no subsequent movement of the Hours and Seconds hands. I took the watch to the Service Centre in Mumbai and they informed me that the oils were dry and that the movement needed urgent service, else the watch would seize.

Despite the fact that they had misrepresented the paperwork, I was willing to be satisfied with the watch if they reimbursed me the service amount that was payable to the RSC.

They accused me of lying about the watch having problems and asked that the watch be returned to them, but that was not feasible because I am in India and they are in the UK. They also said that I had devalidated the Watchfinder warranty because someone from Rolex had touched the watch! I offered to send them the paperwork that the Service centre would provide me to prove that the watch indeed had problems, but they accused me of having "Contacts" in the service centre.

All communication with them is in writing ( email) and I would be happy to provide any member with the same on request.

Bottomline: Be vary of buying from them because their products are not as represented and their customer service and level of courtesy towards a customer is extremly poor.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE