The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

Re: Verification: Omega semaster

Refinished implies that the dial was damaged, faded or discolored, and was refurbished. Depending on the dial features, this could mean cleaning or painting the dial, polishing tarnished indices (or removing and reapplying original or non-original ones). Other than even fading, lots of discoloration may be due to water damage, meaning that there may be further, invisible damage to the watch's movement.

To me, general misspellings (sp?) LOL in an advertisement, and especially subject/verb agreement tells me that a seller is from a non-english speaking country, which is a problem if they claim to be in New York, and still a problem otherwise because international transactions with strangers are risky. Example:

: running & keep time

I keep time.
You keep time.
They keep time.
He/She/It keepS time.

Call me picky, but that's a mistake a child of 4 years wouldn't make.

Also, maybe this is a personal thing, but I really don't like to see or hear the words, 'COMPLETELY GENUINE/AUTHENTIC.' Why start out a conversation trying to assure someone that you're not a fraud? That's like me introducing myself as 'Dan... and that's really my name and I'm not lying, I can prove it with a certificate of Dan authenticity!' It just stinks to me.

And not posting a photo of a very expensive item? That just says, "I don't care."

Messages In This Thread

Verification: Omega semaster *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE