The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seeking rec's for UK-based servicing & repairs *PIC*

Hi guys.

Huge thanks for the referral to James H - he's fixed up the crown on my 844/2 a treat! A complete gent and perfect service! It would've been rude not to put it on one of his great straps, too - see the photo!

For my next massive ask - I'm looking for someone who might be interested in bringing a few low-end and Quartz models back to life. I've got a few 980s, some early TAG 1000 series pieces and the odd Omega and 1970s Seikos kicking around which are not working - regrettably a bit beyond my tinkering skillset. I'd like to get these up and working, if it's not beyond economical recourse.

These are not especially valuable, or showroom pieces, so I don't want to waste the time of the highly sought after folk who work on grails and I also don't want to see what laughable figures LVMH or Omega come up with. Who's a good watchsmith?

I'm in central London, if that helps. I was given the recommendation of 'little yellow watch shop' on Clerkenwell Road a few months back by some well-meaning friends, but as this chap managed to fail at the seemingly straightforward task of fitting a bezel to a Speedy Pro, I'm somewhat reticent to head back there.

Where do you guys take your watches when you can't fix them?

Thanks for your help! Again!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE