The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
hello from the red head on his dad's lap
In Response To: And here... ()

I wish I had found this post when the ebay listing was still up...it'd be nice to see another one out in the wild.

From 1980 until 2009 the only information I had regarding the 3006 was what my dad wore on his wrist. In 2009, when I sent his 3006 in for service, I started doing research online and discovered the model listed in OTD's master reference table. Other than the table I had nothing...just a very rare Heuer not many people knew about.

That changed last week when Heuerville pointed me to this forum, where I could see the 3006 in all of its original greatness, in the 1980 German catalogue:

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=39894

This catalogue made it immediately obvious that my watch currently has the wrong sweep second...Tag Heuer CH service center installed a white one instead of an original replacement. I have a call into them now to see if they have an original replacement in stock, or if they can restore and reinstall the original sweep that was returned to me following the 2009 service.

So, all that said, if anyone has any more information on the Ref. 3006 I will gladly take it, along with pictures of others or a link to other auction listings, or a copy of the full 1980 German catalog.

Thanks chronocentric!

Messages In This Thread

not sure
It's real
realy real?
Another one
Ok, thx 4 .nfo! *NM*
And here...
hello from the red head on his dad's lap
Re: not sure
Re: not sure
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE