The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No photo evidence in my files either

: We are all familiar with Niki Lauda's chronographs -- Carrera,
: Chronosplit, etc. -- but what about the other racer featured in
: this movie, James Hunt? Checking my C-Drive, I find no photos of
: Hunt's watches.

: Any ideas? Who can find photos of any watch being worn by James
: Hunt?

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++

Hi Jeff, very interesting topic, he's been "neglected" so far in our search of F1 pilots' watches.
I can't find the picture but I am pretty sure I saw one of him wearing the classic Rolex diver watch, Submariner or similar.
I've flipped quickly through my F1 mags and books and F1-themed pictures on my hard drivez and I have found one that shows a watch bracelet on his wrist but the watch head is hidden...
However Heuer sponsored McLaren too in the mid-70s so maybe he got some Heuer too?
Cheers
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE