The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
66 photo slideshow for you to preview
In Response To: HAPPY RETURN from LCdF :-) ()

I must begin with warning you all that some of these photo's are quite rough.
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/dazgo/slideshow/Heuer%20Summit%202013

I have only arrived home today and i'm far from organised at this stage when it comes to giving my own thoughts on this wonderful event but i feel the urge to put some of my rough photo's out there for the forum to view. Its just a taste of whats certain to come.

For my part i have 4 major groups to thank for such a wonderful few days together.

Firstly to Gavin, Abel & Ron - thankyou so much for your initiative, organisation and efforts for organising such a grand event. It was , without doubt, the highlight of my watch collecting hobby. It meant so much to be invited & has been a shining light in a rather testing period in my personal life.

Second round of thankyou's must go to Tag Heuer themselves for making us so welcome, embracing us & giving us so much access to what is a private industry. It was a very well received by us as collectors. It also shows that as much as Tag are looking ahead to their future they are also protecting and cultivating their past. We could not have asked for better hosts.

Thirdly, to Jack Heuer himself. Thankyou for joining us and making the summit very special. Very kind of you to join us these last few days and share with us many insights to the corporation and some of your own treasured memories. It made the whole event that much more special for all of us.

My fourth and final thankyou goes out to all the wonderful forum members that joined us at the summit. As we all experienced there were certainly stronger bonds that held us together than just our shared passion for the Heuer brand. As i moved around the group during the 3 days i kept observing clusters of people sharing stories and ideas on many other subjects ( which included cars, family , travel & careers amongst others ) and showed me that we were very cohesive & comfortable in each others company. I for one enjoyed meeting every one of you.

I'm sure a comprehensive report of the event will come forward soon for readers to enjoy so i hope you are able to get a taste of whats to come from my candid photo's.

All the very best to you all - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE