The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Real deal...

I think Steward are wrong about this Heuer pocket watch. I have seen several of these over the ten years I have been searching for Heuers on the net. They are rare like all Golden Hours watches from the mid-1980s.

I saw this one listed on Ebay and was hoping that most collector would think it is a fake. I could have been a bargain.... Now it has been removed...

In a 1986 catalogue I actually sold on Ebay a week ago there was a lot of Golden Hour watches, even pocket wathes. One of them has the same dial lay out as this one. It also has the same number above the moonphase.

The chronogrpah to the right has the same movement and dial layout. Same numbers above the moonphase. This wristwatch and the pocket watch is much the same watch. I have seen this chronograp hands on, and the movement and case is again, unsigned.

Most Golden Hour chronographs has an unsigned Valjoux movement. Even this top model Triple-compax 18k has unsigned movement http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEUER-VINTAGE-GOLDEN-HOURS-TRI-COMPAX-REF-721-508-SUPER-RARE-18K-mint-BUY-IT-NOW-/130964269929?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1e7e142b69

The box look cheap, but I have seen thoose before as well. I have seen othe Golden Hour with that case design.

This is another I found online in 2012:

I am pretty shure this is a genuine Golden Hour Heuer from 1985/86/87.

Just my 2 cent.

regards

Jarl
www.classicheuers.blogspot.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE