The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: shipping advice
In Response To: shipping advice ()

I don't know if UPS has different rules than FedEx re insurance, but the last time I went to ship a high value watch by FedEx I was told that since it was a "jewelry" item, the limit was $1,000. It was higher for other categories.

I asked for advice on this forum, and several folks recommended Parcel Pro. They specialize in high value jewelry shipment coverage. You've got to establish an account, but can insure for full value, and you end up shipping via FedEx or UPS and at better rates than if you just walked in the door and took no insurance. I was happy with later Parcel Pro shipments.

Of course, that's not going to help much if you need to ship tomorrow.

Dick

: I plan to ship my watch to Chronodeco tomorrow and am curious if
: you have any advice. US Postal limits insurance to $2000. So I'm
: thinking UPS who have much higher limits available although it's
: not cheap at $.90 per $100.
: So my questions:
: Are there questions that I should be asking you which I am not?
: Is there a more preferred method to ship such a rare watch?
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE