The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autodromo Prototipo Chronographs -- Nice or Knock-Off?

I really like them , particularly the Vic Elford version.

While bearing a resemblance to the Montreals, I wouldn't think of it as a homage to Heuer.
It looks very well made,I like the different second hand in the bottom register to the other two. The thinner case looks like it would sit well on the wrist.

I love old watches, same as cars, but they come with the knowledge that they can be more prone to being a bit 'tempremental' and sometimes its nice to just (in the case of cars) jump in something new that you know is going to start and give you no hassle.

I think these watches fit the bill well, lovely styling but also you have the knowledge its new and should be fine-and a sensible price

: So what do we think of these, which do bear some resemblance to
: the Heuer Montreals?

: Here is an introduction of these watches, from Hodinkee --

:
: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-autodromo-prototipo-and-prototipio-vic-elford-limited-edition

: So are these in the "We wish TAG Heuer had done this"
: category? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Homage or knock-off?

: Jeff

:
:
: [image from Hodinkee posting]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE