The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: ANY GOLD PLATED RALLY PAIRS OUT THERE?

Responses below, in bold --

At the risk of appearing 'off the planet' I am seeking some opinions please, positive, negative or critical. So here goes.......

Does anyone know. Are there any gold plated dash Clocks and Timers out there, either original or after-market? Maybe presentation/celebrity items?

I have never seen any gold or gold-plated dashboard timepieces.

Would there be any demand from high end car owners, either singly or as pairs/ triples/ quads, possibly with backplates mounted on a polished hardwood 'toblerone'?

I doubt that they will want these for their cars; might be an interesting item for the desk or bookcase; but I think the wealthy folks would prefer to have the vintage pieces, rather than any sort of reproduction or re-cased vintage pieces.

If such a product was available, which Heuer models and values might they attract?

It's hard for me to imagine any real market for this. Most people are not looking for gold or gold-plated, in the world of chronographs or racing timepieces.

I have been asked to make this enquiry on behalf of a Master Watchmaker.

Thank you for your advice.

David

Messages In This Thread

ANY GOLD PLATED RALLY PAIRS OUT THERE?
Re: ANY GOLD PLATED RALLY PAIRS OUT THERE?
No. No and I don't think so
Re: No. No and I don't think so
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE