The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Arrival: Movado Super Sub Sea 60's Vintage

When I first saw it, I thought I was having flashbacks from spending too much time on the Heuerville and Heuerworld sites.

Despite the fact that I didn't know much about the watch and had just acquired my Autavia 73663 KAF the day before, I had to have it...it was love at first sight.

I did not care about the price, it just had to be mine....NOW

Unfortunately it had to be overhauled and I would not meet it again for 3+ painful months...

Finally it arrived yesterday and I am back in love.

Stewart has already done a wonderful write-up of his which I recommend you read as I am not as knowledgeable, but here are my initial thoughts:

-Mine is a slightly different version, with a Zenith like paddle second had and polaris-like minute and hour hands.
-The bezel is still jet black and the patina on the index and hands is a beautiful ocre colour that stands out against the abyss black dial.
-The chrono hands are actually a navy blue that shines brightly when light hits them.
-The crown is signed with the elegant old Movado logo, the caseback signature is very 60's science-fiction cool.
-The crystal is a "bubble" type that sits proudly high above the bezel, and the case is nice and thick and about 41mm across.
-I was also delighted to find a tiny movado logo etched into the center of the crystal.
-I believe it houses a movement that is the predecessor to the El Primero and is the same movement as the Zenith version of this watch.
-The way the silver logo (sorry the vertical line on the logo is just the shadow of the second hand) reflects light is almost mesmerizing.
-"Club Insolent 1992" is etched on the back, not sure what type of a club but very curious to find out if I could join :p

Anyways enough writing, on to the pics...

Messages In This Thread

New Arrival: Movado Super Sub Sea 60's Vintage
Very Very Very nice ;-)
Re: New Arrival: Movado Super Sub Sea 60's Vintage
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE