The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Whatever Happened To "On The Dash?"

I was chatting with David Scothorn this morning and it occurred to me that there is rarely, if ever, any discussion about dash timers anymore. This wonderful place has transitioned from On The Dash to On The Wrist.

While I enjoy Heuer watches, my first love is the dash timers. Yet they don't seem to hold much interest for people here anymore. Have they fallen out of favor? Has everything to be said about them already been said? Do people here just no longer care much for dash timers?

I'm rather sad that OTD has forsaken Heuer dash timers, but then, perhaps that's just me and the time for dash timer lovers has come and gone. Since this was the place for discussion, and it's move on, perhaps dash timers are dead and those of us who still care more for the dash timers than the wrist watches are just dinosaurs.

Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE