The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Help how to reset 230.306 Tag Heuer2000 Chrono to zero *PIC*

: Jeff,
: Despite what you may have heard about 'resetting' the chrono hand
: with a magic combination of buttons/crown - this can't be done
: with this movement. (Maybe it can be done with modern quartz's,
: I don't know)
: Either the hand is slipping or the movement needs looking at. If
: the chrono hand tube is loose, you may need a new hand, which is
: problematic, as they are very hard to find. I had a similar
: problem, took ages o sort out a hand. Either way, you'll need to
: have a watchmaker look at it.

: Stewart
: - Heuerville

Stewart,

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. Watchmakers here in rural Indiana are few and for economic reasons are more interested in making and selling jewelry than fixing watches. I have used two excellent watchmakers with years of experience who have recently stopped working on watches. Is there a watchmaker in the U.S. that you could recommend? Is sending the watch to the Tag Heuer repair center a reasonable option?

A photo of the watch with the misalignment is below.

I have been collecting watches to wear that I consider "beautiful" that are also relatively inexpensive. My collection includes my grandfather's and my father's dress watch, a couple of vintage dress Seamasters, a quartz Constellation, and a recently acquired Longines Ultra Chron, so I have enough dress watches, especially since I am now retired. I have very much enjoyed your writing and photographs in Heuerville, and you have inspired me to focus now upon vintage Heuers and Tag Heuers as my budget allows. In addition to the 230.306 chrono, I also acquired a Tag Heuer two-tone 1000 Diver, 980.021L and a steel diver, 980.006L today, so further purchases are going to have to wait awhile :).

Jeff Smith

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE