The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 7863 : two versions?

Dear experts,

We are all familiar with the Autavia 7863. It's packed in the Autavia compressor case and can be recognized quickly by the date aperture at 6 o'clock.
In studying the 7863 photos on the Onthedash photo gallery I noticed two different versions. One with fluted pushers and the other one with regular pushers.

My feeling is that the regular ones are the correct ones . I am saying so as I recently bought a "knacker's yard" version (to which Abel is looking forward "very much" LOL), which has the round version pushers.

Who knows more about this? What is right, or, have both versions existed? I do know that this watch has been sold in small quantities, so it seems more evident that there has been one single version.

So, what's the story here?

Greetings
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE