The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Inconclusive
In Response To: Autavia 7863 : two versions? ()

Ron - we see all the compression cased watches with a variety of parts - pushers, hands, dials etc and most prevelant on the GMT. I think it goes without saying that smooth/round pushers were standard on the early examples but who would ever know when they switched to fluted pushers but I they did at some point. Then there is the service issue and plenty examples must have gone back to Heuer at some point in their life when they may have had some parts changed as is common practice even today. My conclusive opinion is that its inconclusive.
regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE