The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera Celebration Countdown 9: Sirius and Regulus

The second of Carrera countdown, I thought I'd post the Sirius and Regulus of the Carrera family. I say Sirius and Regulus as I feel they are more on the good side than the Monaco Dark Lord....(that's one for any potterheads on the forum).

Anyway, back to the watches, here are the PVD variants of the Carrera family. You can really notice the crude finish on the Cal12 Carrera as the industry (or at least Heuer) seems to still be experimenting with the PVD process on these early models - similarly to the PVD finish on the cal12 PVD Montreals. I find the rough texture quite interesting though. But if I had to choose one then the Lemania is just more cool, more Top Gun 80's.

The photo is a bit messed up, I was trying to edit out the ugly watch stand I used for the photo but I got a bit tired hence the ugly crop. Paul G, please look away. Anyway, at least the watches are cool...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE