The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: heuer deep dive 1000m questions

: :

: :

: that looks like it's been put up against a grindstone. ..as rough
: as it looks it wouldn't take much to look much better

: there has to be an aftermarket insert and bracelet that fits our
: watch

Try the Seiko bracelet it will fit but will look odd gaps on the side and top,

as for my watch "it wouldn't take much to look much better"
I have to disagree as its not easy to get a replacement bezel insert. If it was then that's a different story. I bought a bezel insert for a Seiko and it wont fit properly, the plus the color and font are not the same, its better to keep it all original than put non original aftermarket parts imo. I realized the watch looks good the way it is, Its definitely not for everyone some people only want mint looking watches

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE