The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The "Two Execution" Theory

When people discuss the assassination of President Kennedy, there are those who suggest that he was killed by "a single assassin, acting along" and others who suggest that there were two (or more) shooters. Of course, there are elaborate theories supporting each of these approaches.

I know almost nothing about the Reference 73464 Skippers, but let me point out the following. Below are four samples of the Reference 73464 Skipper, with a bright one at the top left, along with three samples that have much more muted (pale) colors. Also shown below is a snippet from the Skipper index page, showing some of the later models of the Skipper (the Ref 15640 models with the black dials).

Is it possible that Heuer changed the hands and accents of the Skipper Reference 73664, moving from orange hands and dial accents, to the cream / ivory / near-white colored hands and dial accents? We all know about the extreme fading and paint issues with the old Heuers, but I am finding it hard to believe that the hands and accents on these samples of Ref 73464 Skippers have faded to this near-white shade.

What do you think?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: My guess is that Kendall's in just very faded, at least the dial. Look at his bezel, the watch has obviously seen a lot of sun.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE