The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seconded!! Love the Wabi on These
In Response To: wabi for me ()

I look at the mint one, and think that it is nearly perfect . . . almost untouched . . . might have spent the last 50 years in a drawer or bank safe.

I look at the distressed one, and am intrigued by the life that it must have lived. What combination of sun, air, heat, cold, moisture, etc. have given it this look? Where and how did it have this exposure? Yes, I like my Seafarers with a little bit of the sea in them!!

Thanks for posting this one . . . interesting to see the watches and learn about the preferences of the collectors.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Actually I assumed everyone would go for the wabi one, so I am
: quite surprised. I love the faded dial and how it changes with
: the light. I love the sharp case.

: One little factor I left out to even the scores is the wabi one is
: in the 57xxx range of the very first Carreras so very desirable
: for the "early model" nuts, and there are lots of
: those, as can be confirmed by anyone who tried to buy a first
: exec Autavia in the last few years…!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE