The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Nato for a 1163T 'Siffert'
In Response To: Nato for a 1163T 'Siffert' ()

Aha! So you did end up with it! Nice Siffert, congrats.

I'm new at this, so consider that fact before getting too worried about what I have to say. To me, the bezel insert seems too fresh to be original. If you adjust it's position, please verify that it is properly seated in the 120-80 range of the tachy scale. Could be a shadow, or it could be out of position.

Lastly, the brushing pops in some pictures more than others, but I think that some of that pop can be attributed to the better photographers' skills. Some of these guys have the gift for taking awesome pictures. Your case looks unpolished to me - distinct brush marks remain. A little google help for ya, I believe "the Belgian magician" is a forum member named Abel. He gets a good bit of praise from members on his mastery of restoring cases. I think he's got all the other watchmaking skills as well. Search for his name within the forum - should shorten the learning curve a little.

Enjoy that watch.
Mike

:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE