The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Arrival - Heuer Monnin 844 Quartz

I have not had much luck in my search for vintage racing chronographs (still looking for a UG Compax Nina Rindt and screw back Autavia 2446...) but my luck with vintage divers continues...

After finding a mint Autavia Diver 100, Autavia KAF and Movado Super Sub Sea this year, a couple days ago I scored a Heuer 844 Monnin Quartz.

For details on the Heuer Monnin I recommend you read Stewart's wonderful write-up on his Heuerville website.

Mine is the quartz version, very minty, strong brushed edges, clean gilt hands, not much patina (probably never saw sunlight?!) and seal still on the caseback.
French spelling of "Professionel" but curiously there is no "Made in France" script on the bottom of the dial.
Engraved on the caseback is 844 and "8118" underneath...perhaps it was made in 1978?
Not sure if original but it came on an unused tropic sport strap with Heuer buckle that has the letter "B", "Swiss", and "Acierinox" engraved inside.

Unfortunately its a little too large for my wrist and so I may not keep it long but the red numerals help make this watch very photogenic.

Please excuse the amateurish pics, I am a novice at photography and still using my girlfriend's old Ricoh...

Best Regards from Tokyo
George

Messages In This Thread

New Arrival - Heuer Monnin 844 Quartz
Beautiful, George
Re: Beautiful, George
Re: Beautiful, George
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE