The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Wow!!!! And Mehh...
In Response To: Wow!!!! And Mehh... ()

Hi Shaun,

: The panerai looks like err... a panerai. I know there are many that
: are obsessed with panerai but I just think they are
: "ok". I like the old ones with some history and wear,
: but I guess the new ones are just too common in London in the
: financial industry. I appreciate the complication, and I
: appreciate it is interesting to find or grail, but overall I'd
: have to say "meh".

I must say that I have similar feelings for the brand. Over the time there were too many almost equally looking models with rather common movements.

However, in the time when Panerai missed in-house movements they revived a few great historic movements like the Chézard 7400 (seconde morte, dead beat) in the Independent (PAM00080). I'm after these special movements and complications.

No fear: I am not and will never get obsessed by Panerai, only by Heuer :-) I also have one of the very few Panerai models with a red Heueresque chronograph second hand.

: But that el primero in gold is something really special. I love it
: and I guess super rare. I am no zenith expert but what a
: fantastic find. I'd love to hear more about it from the experts.
: Fantastic find. Wow!!!!!!

Again, I have to agree :-)

First I doubted the originality, of course. But the case back looks fine with the correct hallmarks and the dial's indices are in Yellow Gold, too.

I will have to do more research and will report results as soon as available.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE