The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: is this legit?
In Response To: is this legit? ()

Right off the bat:
-The dial is definitely not a Mark VI. I think it's a Mark V (baton markers with black inserts)
-The hands are too light, the closest-color hands on an actual Siffert would be those from a Mark VI but these are lighter still.
-The blue markings on the dial look too light in color as well for a Mark V and I would say they're repainted.
-Should have a tachy bezel instead of the MH bezel as shown; but some Sifferts are known to have been special-ordered originally with MH bezels
-Based on the watch I'm wearing at the moment (a contemporary 1163 V) the serial numbers look to be in the wrong "font" but I'd need to compare to my own (a Mk IV) to be sure

All told, given the overall condition, I'd stay away unless the price holds below ~4,500 or so - as the cost to bring it up to original spec would be high.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE