The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Old Ones versus New Ones / Gold Rush!!

Mr. Fuego:

I do like your Panerai . . . a lot. It's just that I do not like these new models . . . at all. Is there any watch in the brands heritage / "DNA" that has any elements of the new version?

There's a gold rush / land grab going on in the watch world -- brands make as many watches as they can, with as many (crazy) looks as they can, as expensive as they can, and people with too much money will buy a lot of them.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I like the look of the basic Panerai (both Luminor and Radiomir)
: and particularly the sandwich dials. I know they don't have much
: horo-cred, partly because most of the current movements are
: outsourced, partly because they are just plain big, and partly
: because they gained popularity due to Sly's nod to the brand.
: I would have gotten an in-house movement if I had the money for it,
: but alas, mine is equipped with a V7750 - and there's nothing
: wrong with that in my book.
: Let the haters hate - I'll add another PAM or two to my collection.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE