The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: There's Something I Like About Some Panerais . . .

Yup, I resisted Panerai for years after in around 2000 passing on a $9.5K PAM127 (hell of a lot of money at the time; Monaco's were $US2200 back then.....) but

I landed this recently and to be honest it's not been off my wrist all summer; I've swum, boarded, snorkeled, wined and dined in it and haven't worn anything else. I took my Deepsea along to holidays at the beach and it wasn't worn once.....

It's a 328, bought as it has a date, a factory bracelet ( I w-e-a-r my watches, swim, get them wet, use them) and at 44mm isn't too muck like a wrist-clock. Isofrane strap so it can be driven hard and put away wet.

Am now coveting a 47mm PAM something.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE