The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Are we being fair to Ralf and team ?

I am sure some of us have been to Ralf's shop, and we know it is not very big, with maybe ten employees that sell to walk-ins, repair the watches and maintain the site.
He probably has a thousand watches available on his site. How often do we expect a website to be updated ?
When I walked in a couple of months ago and asked to see some watches, all were readily available for inspection.
We talked for a couple of hours and I ended up trading some watches with him. One had a problem I did not notice until I got home, and Ralf took ownership and is paying for the repair instead of me worrying about send a $15K watch from USA to Germany and back.
I do not know the specifics of the Autavia, but the 2456T was sold when I asked him over the weekend.
I personally find it hard to believe he would jeopardize his reputation over some Heuer's when he has many clients around the world. He has some very dedicated clients that buy and sell to him frequently, many to make money and have no desire to collect. Could this be the case here ?
I have no dog in this race, just think we should be cautious if any of us are making accusations.

Have a great day and hello from Mumbai. Sorry to say, but no watch shopping here.

Brook
College Station, TX

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE