The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Newbie Vantage
In Response To: Newbie Vantage ()

Hello Nathan :-)

... hmmm ... nobody else wrote yet ?!
I'm a bit surprised ...
Well, I LIKE IT ! And a nice combo with that strap, too. :-)
Hey, watch out ! Your wife might keep taking it, and store it some place else ... sooner or later it is YOU asking if you might get to wear it too ! ......

And, btw, I like the cool name : Vantage !
Have loved it for many years ... and will hardly ever get over the fact that some years ago I missed a great opportunity to buy one - I'm talking A.M. ! ... some will have guessed ;-) ... - at an amazing, tempting price ....
But, SH** !, wrong timing it was somehow ... and when I had things and thoughts cleared ... it was, of course, SOLD . :-/
One of those few occasions I really made a BIG, I mean B I G mistake by hesitating about a car I adored. ( The other, a DINO 246, I do NOT want to talk about ! :-( ...... )
Enough of the crying here ! Sorry ;-)

You go ahead and enjoy that cool 'looks-like-a-poor-man's-chrono' ! ;-)
Great catch !
And ... keep those records playin' ! How about Coleman Hawkins ? ... OK for you ?

Cheers,
best regards to the warm South :-)

Olaf

Messages In This Thread

Newbie Vantage
Looks good... very carrera like... :-)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE