The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: any Rolex knowledge?
In Response To: Re: any Rolex knowledge? ()

: Much like all white dial / blue accents Autavia 1163T models are
: generally referred to as Sifferts, just about any early Daytona
: with the block registers is referred to as a Paul Newman - and
: while not terribly rare (you can find 10-15 examples coming up
: for auction in any given year) they run from around $75-80k for
: the more run-of-the-mill examples to more than $1 million (in a
: recent auction) for the truly rare models.

I have looked on the interned and I guess you guys are correct. Although it is not clear that Paul Newman ever wore or owned a watch like this, and that even though he is known to have owned and worn a black dial/white subs Daytona which was configures very differently....watches which are sort of like what Paul Newman wore have generically become known as ....

I am always glad to learn.

I guess I should have paid more attention to Rolex when I was younger but I was rabidly anti wrist watch back then. I bought them if I could re-sell them in a day.

Little Johnny

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE