The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Purists
In Response To: Re: Bezel's ()

Thank you for your thoughts. I had not considered people not wearing there watches, I wear mine regardless ( no mint ones ). It seems there is little interest in the idea. My motivation was due to needing one for my GMT, no luck finding one so far.I guess as much as I love Heue's I'm not a purist because if I was offered a perfect copy GMT bezel I would use it. A cheap nasty copy I would not accept. For me its a matter of necessity I build vintage motorcycles as a hobby and when I cant get a part I will fabricate one. Mostly people can't tell the difference. Of course fanatics are not happy with something not original, though they are often duped. For me I just want my GMT to have a functioning bezel.

As there has been little response I gather its a pointless exercise. I have just ordered one of the Ebay GMT inserts to see how well it fits. I am now wondering if I had just made them with out saying they where a copy, would you buy one (assuming you could not tell the difference ) but I am honest hence my post.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE