The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
7103 Breitling and others in the OWJ collection

Hi Darwin,
I, too was not real impressed with the 7103 case style. A bit too chunky and clumsy looking IMHO. I considered buying the black dialed version from Old World Jewelers a few times but never did due to the nagging feeling it might not get much wrist time due to its chunkiness. I did like the 2105 Superocean "fired egg" (as Alex calls the big 47.5mm cased Breitlings) and finally pulled the trigger on one of those in 2007 when OWJ found a few more samples (and raised the price a bit too, lol). I also bought a Datora (2034) because I liked the relatively simple (for a Breitling) chrono dial and easy to read wide, white hands. I am amazed their stock of this NOS collection lasted as long as it did. Other than the 8803, 7808 and 809 Cosmonaut, these watches were a great bargain with all being less than $2000 USD, and several under $1000 USD. They all still had the purple seal with model number on the caseback and were pristine.
Steve

: About 4 years ago I was looking for a Breitling Bullhead, and while
: in the area, I visited their store. They only had the Valjoux
: 7740 powered one, and I wanted a Chrono-Matic. I tried both the
: Bullhead and 7103 on, but I wasn't impressed. I did like the
: Tri-Compax layout on the latter, but hated its case. They still
: had quite a few NOS Breitlings.
: The owner of the store and his wife seemed like very nice people.
: They offered me $1600 for my Heuer Calculator, which is exactly
: what I sold it for, some time later.

: Regards

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE