The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
some info about that ref. 7103, other R7740 B & a ref. 2105

Jeff,

I'll assume the "good looking watch, at least for a Breitling" must be due to the fact you haven't seen enough of them, let me see if I can change that ;)

The ref. 7103 is actually quite an interesting watch, as it shares a "pop in" movement module with it's sibling, the ref. 7104; we can only guess which other case models Willy Breitling was planning to add to that concept before the Quartz tsunami hit.

Here's the movement module, based on an R7740 and the two case modules:

My 7103 also came from the Roy Geweniger stock at OWJ, btw.

Here's the ref. 7103 on the wrist, followed by the 7104; actually the 7103 doesn't feel chunky at all when wearing it.

Darwin asked for a wrist shot of the SuperOcean ref. 2105, the first 20ATM automatic chronograph diver afaik, launched in Basel 1969 (please correct me if Heuer too launched one, know much too little about that line), another piece from the OWJ stock.

The R7740 was used in several other models too, adding those below, including some Cal.11/12 siblings.

Navitimer ref 7806

Navitimer ref. 7806-S w/ a modified R7740, date at 6, just like the Cal. 11 ref. 8808 below.

Here's one you might recognize, transOcean ref. 7102 w/ R7740 and the Cal.11 ref. 2129 below, both launched in 1969 & surprisingly similar to the Daytona, aren't they ?

To sum it up, the two Pult/Pupitre Bullheads, R7740 ref. 7101 and Cal. 12 ref. 2117; forgive the flooding, please ?

: Interesting looking watch --- according to a forum posting,
: Reference 7103, Long Playing model . . . good looking watch, at
: least for a Breitling.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE