The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
If A Watch Could Tell Its Story...

This idea came up somewhere else today and I though it seemed really interesting so I though I would try it here.

If you could get one of your watches to tell you its story from birth to the time you acquired it which watch would it be and why?

I decided not to use any of my pocket watches so thinking of wrist watches, this little Speedy came to mind. I found it in a very out of the way little town South of Indianapolis in a little country jewelry store. I had been trying to buy watches from the man who owned the store for years and finally I guess I broke him down and he opened the safe and brought out a couple of cigar boxes. Among the little hoard he had accumulated over the years was this 2998-5 Speedmaster. It didn't run at the time but he said that it had at one time. If I remember correctly a pusher was gone. He said that a customer had given it to his wife one day while he was out of the shop and she had given it to him. I guess I would love to know who originally bought and owned the watch and why he bought it and why he gave it up.

Anybody else?

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE