The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Another point

I wish to make is that some forum sales boards only permit items with a stated price. I believe TZUK and VRF are such places. More often than not we see listings on Chronotrader where the seller states Best Offer (with no guide price). I cannot see much difference in that well used approach to this one. In fact this seller has committed to the sale however in my other example, the seller has no obligation to accept any offer. So if the seller of this Autavia is honourable I see no reason why this method cannot succeed. Furthermore, the seller can state "offer above" which is the case here and this protects his sale just like a reserve would in a traditional auction. In summary: time frame, regular updates and reserve/minimum are must then the market can determine the final price.
regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE