The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New arrival: Heuer Autavia 11630MH on Giuliano's strap

Hi all,

this post is to share my latest arrival, an Autavia 11630MH arrived saturday.

I bought it from a man that told me has inherited from an his parent together with some other vintage watches, the watch has been worn for many years then put in a drawer...
It seems to be all original and is in overall good conditions, hands have still a beautiful orange colour matching the right sub-counter but lume is really dark and ugly, the MH bezel is enough scratched (but as always it looks better at "naked eye" view than in photo) and the case has some scraches but has its original sunburst finish (edges in the lower part of the case are sharp as a razor).

My intention would be to make it restore (case refurbishing, hands reluming, movement servicing, and so on) but honestly it doesn't seems so bad as I expected from the images the seller sent me, when I took at home it needed only a good cleaning to the case and to the glass inner side and a new wonderful strap like the one my great friend Giuliano prepared some months ago for my Skipper 15640 (but I think it will remain on this Autavia ;-) )...

Thanks to all of you for looking.

Best.

Gianluca

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE