The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Decimal Bezel Issue
In Response To: Show Us Your Siffert, Please ()

This was kinda curious to me. If I recall correctly, the discussion in the past had to do with a Siffert here and there showing up with a deci bezel (I remember, because one of my Sifferts had the deci bezel) and people arguing whether the Siffert was ever sold that way, or whether the bezel was a replacement.

My position was that the one I had with the deci bezel came from the original buyer, and he told me that was how it came, and I believed him. Others doubted it. But until this article, I can't recall anyone having embraced the idea that they came with deci bezels (it was still a somewhat disputed question) or that a Siffert with a deci bezel was worth more than one with the normal tachy bezel.

While I was pretty certain that there were legit Sifferts with deci bezels, I still prefer the tachy. It's what belongs on a Siffert, even if it wasn't the only bezel available.

Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE