The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Excellent Results on Two "Informal Auctions"

I believe that we may be onto something with these "informal auctions" for the rare vintage Heuers.

A "Transitional" Monaco had 765 views in four days, with the auction ended early (last night) for seller to accept an offer of $23,400. Here is the auction thread -- http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=32641

In an auction that was conducted three weeks ago, this Autavia (first execution case; second execution dial), had over 1,000 views and sold at $13,500. Here is the auction thread -- http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=32376

The only question that has been asked is regarding the "transparency", but I am convinced that the transparency on ChronoTrader is as good (or better) than what a bidder might experience on eBay or at a traditional auction house. On the Monaco, seller was a regular participant on our forums. On the Autavia, we had a newcomer, but he was able to provide comfort to bidders that he was legitimate.

Soon, I will be publishing some model rules that can be used for this type of auction. As always, it would be great to have our readers' thoughts and recommendations.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE