The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Quick Thoughts (w/ quick reference to the "Hodinkee Effe

I have to second the notion that some extraordinary prices are being achieved at the moment ( especially with rarer executions ) .
It makes it difficult to estimate values - just as Jeff discovered with the sale of his 3646 Autavia.

Maybe we collectors need to reset out boundaries in terms of prices. The informal open chronotrader auction style may indeed be a great format for those special pieces. It will allow forum users access to a special watch, it will openly find the market value of a specific model & achieve a max. sale price for the seller.

Its still rather a shock when we see these values being realised but i fear they are not going to fall back to the levels we were familiar with only 2 years ago. I may well see myself as a hoarder/holder collector rather than a potential buyer.

Fame & recognition come at a price, the secrets out - Heuer's are now cool !!!

- Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE