The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1163 GMT Bezels: Pepsi vs Dull
In Response To: GMT Dark Chocolate ()

Really nice watch Darren

It's interesting that the bezel, which looks to me 100% original, has a bright "pepsi" style blue and reds, with a metallic sheen. There are other versions of the 1163 GMT which have a more dull (slightly matte?) dark blue and dull red bezel.

I believe there were two versions of the bezel on the GMT, the dull style (perhaps earlier, as this is shown in the early catalogs) and the slightly later (but still 1st execution) more metallic and glossy "pepsi" style bezel - much closer to the previous Autavia GMT - the 2446 C. I've mainly noticed this effect on the 1-2-3-...23-24 bezels, but David's 1163 GMT with the 2-4-6-8 bezel also looks quite metallic/glossy.

Anybody else seen these variations?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE