The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A cautionary tale of dogma and international bank transfers.

I recently wone a Heuer Dial on Ebay. The seller was in Germany and unfortunately I never noticed he did not use Paypal so I had to pay to his Bank. He then responded that only 99 errors of the 122 I sent appeared in his account. When I checked with my bank they informed me his bank had charged fees. Now he expects me to pay his fees and refuse to acknowledge that his bank is responsible. I sent proof of complete payment from my end and still he demands the difference. I have told him we should cancel this transaction and he can refund me. His reply yes but you will have to pay the fees. So it would seem I'm going to get stung twice now. I feel very bitter about this and am resigning my self to loosing $50 because of his belligerence. I believe that I'm being treated unfairly and would like to know your opinions. Thank you and have a better weekend as I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE