The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1960s and '70s motor racing book containing lots of watches

I just received "Sportcar Racing 1962-1973" by Rainer Schlegelmilch, a legend of motor racing photography. The book is dripping with photos of drivers wearing various watches, I've spent a couple of minutes flicking through it and already spotted Autavias, Carreras and a few Rolexes. I'm in England and from Amazon the hardback cost me £24 with free delivery. It has about 540 pages, is hardback in landscape format, the paper quality is matte and very good considering price and number of pages and I have absolutely no connection to the publisher or anyone else involved!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schlegelmilch-Sportscar-Racing-1962-1973-Tremayne/dp/3864070570/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399389604&sr=8-1&keywords=schlegelmilch+sportscar+racing+1962-1973+english

I also received another book, "Racing Demons - Porsche And The Targa Florio" by Michael Keyser ("Speed Demons" and "A French Kiss With Death"), Mark Koense and Enzo Manzo. I haven't had a chance to have a look at it but it's huge and comprehensive:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Racing-Demons-Porsche-Targa-Florio/dp/0615804403/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399389927&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=mark+targa+florio

Just sayin'!

Messages In This Thread

1960s and '70s motor racing book containing lots of watches
The pictures are great... !
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE