The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Good things come to those who wait

: I also exchanged emails with Abel a day or two ago, don't worry,
: you can trust him.

I know I can trust Abel he is well respected in the watch community especially here.

Its not about trust you don't know what the situation is yet your giving advice based on assumptions.

: My recommendation; if you want to deal with one of the most in
: demand vintage Heuer watch makers, you should be a bit patient,
: if you want a super fast response, maybe find someone who is
: less in demand.

Your recommendation doesn't make sense at all, Ive emailed him several times before for other things and he usually replies on time. I know he is busy.

If it was some other seller and he didn't reply for 10 days I would be worried, but in this case it was Abel so I just wanted to know if everything is alright as I mentioned earlier he usually doesn't take that long to reply.

: I'm not trying to be over defensive on his behalf, sorry if it
: comes out that way, I am just trying to be a bit realistic.

Yes you sound over defensive since you don't know what the issue or situation is, I did not attack Abel I merely asked were he is.

Either way Abel contacted me and everything is sorted now.

The only reason I'm even replying to your message is because you make it sound like I was impatient or that I didn't have the right to ask about him, So lets be realistic your "realistic" "recommendation" is not so realistic in my case

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE