The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Frankly - I'm shocked that we are shocked!

Dear Lanny,

first of all: I hope this message finds you doing well. :-)
I had my thoughts too on this subject ... but must say I know too little about the latest price development on these models to participate earlier.
However, my feeling was too, that we should not really be shocked at this auction's price. If it was rather too low, as you expressed, I don't know.... but I thought it turned out approx. where I had estimated it. Maybe a bit too high.
But I sure understand your point.
And ... I love your Seafarer you showed us.
You really are, if I may dare to say so ... one he** of a LUCKY SOB ... which, of course, means STROLLER OF BACKYARDS.
;-)

Enjoy your beautiful model - I especially like it on the bracelet. :-)

Take care,
have a good week,
Cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE