The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Big Fan of the Informal Auctions / Questions for the Gro

Dear Jeff,

I agree. I like these "informal auctions" we have seen here lately.
(Must admit, at first I wasn't so sure about that way...but now I like it and approve.)
Gentlemen-like, I believe, it can be handled. And there is an honest, open way to find out the value of a watch.
The price (in mind, at first) ? Hmmm ...another subject, a difficult matter ....
The value?? Easily found out at the end of the given time, as long as serious folks/experts are involved.
And they surely are here.

And yes, I agree as well on your point about what watches it is useful for, where it makes sense.
Not the "everyday", multiply seen and offered model, but the rarities which are hard to estimate, even so hard to find.

Your Autavia-example is very good.
And unlike an improperly action which may seem "right", yet offends so many interested potential buyers ....
This way of selling a watch - as for example presently by the gentleman David D - is absolutely fine according to my philosophy.

Go ahead and add more points during this weekend ... I will read with lots of interest.
HAGWE,
You, Jeff, and all of you other folks too

Cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE