The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not to offend anybody...
In Response To: Not to offend anybody... ()

I am not sure I agree with the put together notion. When someone tries to 'put together' a watch like this, and were able to source mint dial and hands, putting it into a case with wrong serial # makes no sense at all. I can possibly accept that this might be a service case... though I do not know how Heuer handled service cases (I do mostly Rolexes).

Does anyone know the highest serial for 1163?
Can/Does Tag Heuer help with questions like that?

Vlad

: Your watch is a "put-together" Siffert Autavia and not
: really a true original one since the case is not correct and may
: affect it's value if sold in the future. You can always find an
: original case with the appropriate serial range if it bothers
: the owner, however, in the owner's mind it will always be a
: "put-together" Siffert and not original. It's a nice
: wearer if you're on a budget since it wasn't really original but
: the purist will always be looking for originality.

: Just my humble opinion.

: ~George

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE