The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Autavia 'My Siffert'

I just want to share and say thanks to this forum.

I have been looking on and off for about 8 years for the right 'Siffert'. I quite quickly I came across this board and although I've just lurked it has taught me so much about vintage Heuers, what to look for, what's right and what's wrong.
Most importantly its shown me who the trusted sellers are and who are the right service people are.

So thanks to all you super knowledgeable users for all the discussions I've followed and read over the years.

I had for a while resigned myself to the fact that a perfect Siffert was out of my reach, as the years went on the more I put a side the more the the prices jumped up. I looked towards cheap ebay examples with dubious pedigree, some battered examples and a few put togethers.
But at the end of last year I had a bit of life luck and finances where not a problem, so now it was a case of finding the right example. I wanted clean but not so clean I could not wear it regularly.

A few weeks ago a small package was delivered. It was sent by one Abel Court and I had my grail...

http://imgur.com/a/RdVeb

Oh and if it seems strange that I 'must have a 'Siffert' over all other classic Heuer's especially as this is my first Heuer, it might be easier to understand if you know my name is Joe Siffert...

Siffert is my middle name, my father much respected and followed Jo.

He was at Brands when Jo died. I came along a few months later and was given his name.

Thanks

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE