The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The most telling comparison between the Cooper...

: ...and the "regular" Indycars can't be seen from a photo
: though - not much more than half the horsepower.

more RsPM...about half the weight....slower down the straights, faster though the turns. In short, revolutionary. Having said that it to until 1965 for Jimmy Clark to win in a rear engine car. Indianapolis is unique...and I mean one of a kind. It is a track unlike any other. It is an oval with 4 turns each having a different character. It is sort a road course with only 4 left turns. I think Jack Brabham knew this. There is a real reverence for Sir Jack in Indy. I would encourage any fan of motorsport who has not done it to come to IMS. Tour the museum and see the evolution of racing technology. Watch the cars dive into the very flat (for an oval) turns. Walk around and listen for and feel the ghosts. It is among the great motorsport places with Le Mans, Silverstone, Monza and on. Sir Jack left a pretty big foot print here and I hope one day his grandson will be in victory circle drinking milk.

JC

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE