The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1960 Jaguar XK150S: Which Dash Timers?

When my father was a young man, he bought a 1960 Jaguar XK150S Roadster for $800. It served him well as a daily driver through medical school, residency, and the next several years as a bachelor. Once he and my mother married, he focused on starting a successful practice and raising a family. The car was driven less and less, and was eventually put away in a warehouse, where its been sitting for 25+ years.

As my father readies for retirement, I've convinced him to put some of his other automotive projects to the side to get the old Jag running again. As it'll probably be our last father-son project, I'd like to make an addition to the car he'll remember.

Can anyone comment on which Heuer dash timers would be period correct?

I have a set of Auto Rallye timers and a set of Autavias. Would either of these work, or should I look for some Monte Carlos?

Thanks in advance.

photo XK150S_zps5571b4f2.jpg

Messages In This Thread

1960 Jaguar XK150S: Which Dash Timers?
Re: 1960 Jaguar XK150S: Which Dash Timers?
Here's a stab at it
Re: Here's a stab at it
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE